Thursday 14 July 2011

My favourite thing in the world food!





Once you say food, people can say Tenza with the same breath, I am a girl who love my food trust me, even through my eyes are bigger than my belly, lol when it come to food “nuh ramp wid me” (don’t play with me). Still I always tried to eat health and maintained a well balance diet, people always wonder what do I eat, if I am always talking about food some much, and still manage look like a skinny cow, lol well here is a break down of my six month diet which started back in April of this year 2011

Breakfast


This is the most important meal of the day for me, so I always try to grab it, before I hit the studio or after coming off the treadmill. So below are lists of things that make up my health breakfast and if you notice I use the word health.


Juices

Fresh squeezes orange or ocean spray cranberry juice ( I tends to find the other brands quit sweet and taste more like a drink in stead of a juice.).


Fresh Fruits


I am a very fussy eater even though I might have a massive crave food. So the fruits I normally have are, Granny smith apples, peach, pears, banana and plums.

Cereals. I used to eat a lot of cornflakes and frosti in the past, but now I have settled down a bit and gone for the healthier options.

Wheat-a-bix (the best way to have this is with Soya milk, a tiny bit of honey, then put it in the micro-wav for 1minute and 30 seconds, and trust me its works).

Musli another one of my favourite for breakfast, (I normally added, natural yoghurt, a touch of honey and fresh berries, then mix it all together)

Porridges: I love porridges, I could go on and on about how to make them but I will just list my favourites and you can goggle for your own recipes lol.

Cornmeal
Peanuts
Banana
Oats.
I don’t normally have a full breakfast purely because of time, and I am not really a fast cook lol, so sometimes the micro wave is my best friend lol ( only when am doing wheat-a-bix) lol. But anyway what I normally have are:

Grilled field mushroom, the big big ones, baked beans, grilled tomato (vine ripe because they are sweeter) and grilled vegetarian sausages.

Sometime I do my hardcore Jamaican food , fry plantain, fry fritters, bake beans and fried vegan cheese yummy but naughty...lol

Lunch

Lunch I love having lunch weather am at home or out and most time my lunch always consist of salads, of something to do with potatoes, in the past I tried to have just a protein shake, but all I did is just make me get really hungry by dinner time. Result in me eating again, then end up having a really late dinner. So I stick to salad and baked potatoes, so here are a few of my favourites.

  1. Warm salad of apples, celery and walnuts on a bed of leaves with beetroot dressing, topped with toasted seeds
  1. Double baked jacket potato with baked beans and vegetian cheese
  1. Avocado, olives, cucumber, rocket and paneer cheese balsamic dressing
  1. Mixed pepper bruschetta on brown bread with leaves and balsamic reduction
5. Warm pita bread and hummus (I just love chick peas and garlic hehe)

Dinner

I can’t really remember the lost time I missed dinner, honestly once you say dinnertime Tenza is the first one at the table lol. Below are some of dishes that I normal have at home so I cooked them all by myself with the help of a cookbook lol.


Roasted vegetables with pilau rice or herbed cous cous topped with toasted almonds
Roasted vegetable linguini served with mixed salad
Baked croquettes with spicy tomato sauce and quran sausages
Stuffed aubergine with marinated artichokes and olives
Vegetable stir-fried with tofu and baby sweet corn
Curried vegetable chunks with boiled brown rice
Curried Quorn with rice and peas
Curry chip peas and dunplins, sweet potatoes sometimes banana
Vegetable side dishes, because am a vegan with the above food, its not much to hold a girl like me.


Honey glazed carrots
Steamed broccolis
Sautéed green beans
Ratatouille vegetables
Garlic spinach
Boil or fried plantain

Desserts 

every woman favourite time when it come to food, me love desserts done to earth. I mainly have berries, and sad to say but loads of fruit salad. But I am going to share with you one of my own creations .


Caramelised Banana with vanilla dairy free ice cream ( Yum meeeeeeee lol)


1 ripe banana split length wise


10g cinnamon


25g caster sugar


10g margerine


Method


Heat fry pan on the stove then add sugar, margarine and cinnamon dissolved all three together then add banana, put a table spoon of water to prevent it from burning then cooked for 3 minutes poor on to a plate then add ice-cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment